Together, Blackboard and Dropbox Education—the most widely used file sync and share product in higher education—have partnered to provide instructors and learners a simple and easy way to integrate their content securely stored in Dropbox directly into Blackboard Learn™.
Unlock collaboration across campus
Gain direct access to Dropbox content from Blackboard Learn
Whether your students, faculty and staff are using a Dropbox Education or a Dropbox personal account, the integration with Blackboard Learn enables users to access, share, and upload their Dropbox content directly within Blackboard Learn courses.
Integrate the platforms users prefer
Whether using a Dropbox Education account or a Dropbox personal account, Blackboard Learn users can access, share, and upload their Dropbox content directly within Blackboard Learn courses.
Streamline collaboration workflows
Instructors and students are able to quickly and easily link directly to their Dropbox content from their Blackboard Learn courses, eliminating the need to manage content in multiple places.
Enable users to manage their content in one central place
From the Blackboard Learn interface, learners can upload an assignment directly from Dropbox.
Maximize the institution’s investment
With over 600M users on Dropbox, institutions benefit from greater adoption and increased user satisfaction with the ease of seamless authentication of Dropbox from Blackboard Learn.
Provide direct access to your content
- Seamlessly authenticate to Dropbox through the Blackboard Learn interface
- Access your Dropbox learning content from any device, online or offline
- Manage your learning content in one place
Support and facilitate group collaboration
- Enable faculty, staff, and students to work on files of any size or type with cross-device sync
- Support collaborative content creation via permissions and version control
- Engage with a global collaboration network of 600M Dropbox users
Power user management and secure your institution’s content
- Gain visibility and control to manage users, monitor activity, and control sharing permissions
- Secure your data with multiple layers of protection
- Powered by a secure architecture, including FERPA, HIPAA and COPPA certifications
The Dropbox Education building block download is available now to institutions running either the Blackboard Learn 9.1, Q2 2016 or Q4 2015 release. This building block allows instructors and students to link to their Dropbox content directly from Blackboard Learn using the mashup functionality found in most Blackboard Learn workflows.
Blackboard Learn SaaS and 9.1, Q4 2016 versions – and newer – have the building block pre-installed, allowing instructors and students to link to their Dropbox content directly from Blackboard Learn using the mashup functionality. Additionally, this building block offers students the ability to upload assignments directly from their Dropbox account into Blackboard Learn.
There is no fee for this integration.
- Datasheet: Dropbox integration for Blackboard Learn >
- Datasheet: Dropbox Education >
- Video: Dropbox integration demonstration >
- Video: CSUF faculty & students work together using Dropbox Education >
- Case Study: Arkansas State University >
- Case Study: Cleveland Community College >
- Blog: “Why one college chose Dropbox over Box, Google Drive, and OneDrive,” Davidson College >