Blackboard and McGraw-Hill have joined forces to help institutions meet the demands of the next generation of learners. Ubiquitous access, flexibility, and dynamic digital content are the new thresholds for learners’ expectations. That’s why Blackboard and McGraw-Hill are committed to continually driving the print-to-digital transformation.
Unlocking more power within the Blackboard Learn platform
Next generation integration
Trusted and proven, this is the deepest, state-of-the-art integration of publisher content within a learning management system: a combined solution that offers students and instructors a single point of access for courses, content, and learning tools. Building upon the success of our initial integration, we are now delivering even more content and tools directly inside the Blackboard Learn platform1.
A leading online assignment tool and assessment engine offering innovative, digital features including: LearnSmart, a powerful adaptive learning system; Tegrity, a lecture-capture tool; and a library of media-rich eBooks.
McGraw-Hill Campus is an LMS integration service that offers instructors and students universal single sign-on, automatic registration and gradebook synchronization with our learning platforms and content.
ALEKS delivers an individualized learning experience that measures what each student knows, doesn’t know, and is most ready to learn using its artificial intelligence engine. ALEKS offers a unique and effective learning experience proven to increase student success in math.
Working together starts with single sign-on
With improved design and additional features, the McGraw-Hill integration continues to improve and enhance the teaching and learning experience:
- Single sign-on provides seamless access to all course resources.
- Automatic grade synchronization ensures that all Connect assignment grades are automatically recorded in the Blackboard gradebook.
- McGraw-Hill content link located within the course content area allows instructors to easily discover and embed McGraw-Hill content within their normal Blackboard Learn course workflows.
- Icons based on content type allow instructors and students to quickly identify and distinguish between available content.
- Consolidated McGraw-Hill Higher Education page within the Blackboard Learn tools section enables users to access all integrated content and tools in one place and efficiently deploy links in content areas.
- Compliance with student privacy standards such as the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) ensures student data is protected and secure.
Download the Building Block
The McGraw-Hill Building Block 2.2 is available now Behind the Blackboard for Blackboard Learn 9.1, Service Pack 11 and above. We plan to include this building block with Service Pack 141.
Clients who have already downloaded 2.1 can easily upgrade to 2.2 without disruption to faculty who have already paired courses and embedded content.
If you are not currently on the latest version of Blackboard Learn, Building Block 2.1 and Connect Enterprise remain available as interim solutions while you plan your upgrade.
1 - Statements regarding our product development initiatives, including new products and future product upgrades, updates or enhancements represent our current intentions, but may be modified, delayed or abandoned without prior notice and there is no assurance that such offering, upgrades, updates or functionality will become available unless and until they have been made generally available to our customers.
Get McGraw-Hill Resources
System administrator resources
Faculty & student resources
- Course pairing Quick Start Guide - For institutions with the Partner Cloud Building Block >
- Course pairing Quick Start Guide - For institutions without the Partner Cloud Building Block >
- Download Instructor Guide for 9.1 v2.2 >
- McGraw-Hill Building Block: Faculty training tutorial >
- How to pair your Blackboard Learn & McGraw-Hill Connect courses >
- How to add McGraw-Hill Connect assignments to your Blackboard Learn course >
- How to deploy your McGraw-Hill Connect assignments to your Blackboard Learn course >
- Preparing your students for using McGraw-Hill Connect within Blackboard Learn >
- Additional Blackboard Learn faculty resources can be found at the On Demand Learning Center >